Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Krags in the movies

Is Farewell to Arms (1932) on the list? Saw one at 24:48 in the film
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

2. Default

My favorite movie scene with a Krag in it is the one in "For Whom the Bell Tolls", when Pilar uses one to good effect during the assault on the bridge.

Lots of them in the silent movie THE BIG PARADE. A pretty good representation of WW-1 probably filmed with Calif. NG troops.

Quote Originally Posted by gnoahhh View Post
    My favorite movie scene with a Krag in it is the one in "For Whom the Bell Tolls", when Pilar uses one to good effect during the assault on the bridge.
    Hard to beat "The Wind and the Lion" - my favorite, by far.

Not a movie but....

Last edited by Rock; 11-16-2014 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Not a movie but....

He used many as I watched all the episodes a few yeas ago on You Tube and noticed he used at least 5 different Krags with one being tiger striped. That was R.K.O. Studios which became Desi Lu when Hogans Heros was filmed on the 40 Acre Lot http://www.retroweb.com/40acres.html Cool stuff if you dig around the web page to see how may shows used others backgrounds especially Star Trek. Rick B

7. Default

Atticus Finch uses a sporterized Krag to kill the rabid dog in "To Kill a Mockingbird".

8. Default

There was one starring Wallace Beery depicting an old retired Marine in the Philippines at the start of the war. I don't remember the plot but in the end he was behind a rock picking off Japanese with a Krag. Can anyone tell me the name of the flick?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gnoahhh View Post
    There was one starring Wallace Beery depicting an old retired Marine in the Philippines at the start of the war. I don't remember the plot but in the end he was behind a rock picking off Japanese with a Krag. Can anyone tell me the name of the flick?
    Most likely Salute to the Marines (1943).
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 11-21-2014 at 06:06.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post

John Banner, patron saint to Sergeants of all nations.