Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Alice, a Woman who has everything!

NOBODY messes with Alice!

Well, not more that once!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Default a couple more

Nothing to do so thought I would post a couple more

1st a later group with their rifles
    I had to do a little manipulation as it is a light photo

And possibly an actress with her carbine

The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

The men with 'Ties' look young. I wonder if they are in a Military School or trying to 'court' Alice? The Lady with the Carbine is Alice's Mom ('The Leopard Woman')!
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 10-26-2014 at 07:38.

Angela Davis in white face?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Angela Davis in white face?
    Good one! (but I think it is a hat)

Look at the ankles on the one in costume - what a beast - and before deodorant, too!

Much as I enjoy trapdoor pics, that one belongs in the trash!

Default Annie Oak Tree

Dick, I think you are being too quick to judge. This woman did not have an unpleasant face and she was, by appearances, quite, strong. She was probably a fine cook and homemaker. It could be, she was a good conversationalist. Maybe it's my Midwest values talking, but, I think she had a lot to bring to the table (and perhaps she smelled of Hoppes)!

annie oak tree-e1.jpg

Strong? She could pull your plow! I think she brought a lot to the table, and consumed a good deal of it. You wouldn't want her swinging a frying pan at you, either!

All that aside, I wonder what the circumstances were that led to a rather strange photo. Perhaps the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo had a ladies auxilliary?

This is a lot more fun than answering dull questions about breechblocks - which are few and far between, these days. I'm beginning to think that the books and forums have already educated all of the (apparently few) people who care.

The 'lady' is wearing a Leopard Skin cape. She is showing a lot of arm and ankle for the period of the photo. "45govt" surmised she was in theatrical costume and I think he is probably correct. There was a 1920 Silent Film, "The Leopard Woman". Possibly this woman was acting the part in an earlier Stage Play version.
    I am sure Custer could have used her at the 'Little Big Horn'. She could have turned the tide of battle! (With Carbine and Fry Pan).

Dick, what do you think of the photos of the young men with 'ties' and the Michigan Military Academy 'cadets'? Are those full-length 1873s?
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 10-27-2014 at 10:15.

Default some more

I don't think I will be throwing any away

Anyway.. here are a couple more one not a TD and the other, well I will see if anyone notices, I am sure a couple will.

The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....