1. Default Early Inland M1 Carbine

Hey guys

Here is an early Inland I stumbled onto and put on layaway...The rifle is only in about 75% original finish, but it appears to be a true bring back and everything is as expected. I was really excited to see no type 2 or 3 band compression marks on the stock, stake marks at rear sight, blued parts where expected, and no "check and test" cartouches.

Any ideas on value? I'm into it for $1k which is "ok" by me considering what it is..

Sorry for the quality of pics...Iphone 5

Greg

c1..jpgc2..jpgc3..jpgc7..jpgc8..jpg

Now you have to take it appart and take more photos of whats inside too but so far it looks as right as it can be.

3. Default

have to get it home first and then will definitely do that

I will let the experts weigh in, but it looks righteous to me. 1K sounds like a lot to me, but I am an old man, and remember buying them for $55-$60. Heh, heh!

Ed

If it's an original 1942, then you stole it for $1,000. I suspect it could be worth 2 or more times that. At first glance, not sure if the mag catch is correct though.

Does the bolt have the early style extractor and extractor plunger?
    Last edited by TSimonetti; 04-15-2013 at 07:33.

6. Default

I was also wondering about the mag catch, but I think you probably got a great bargain! I love the early Inlands because they were likely carried by some soldier on 'hard ground'. My Dad was a Marine who carried one in several Pacific campaigns.

Any word on the internals? I have a five digit 91### with the checkered safety like yours and has the dogleg hammer and early hammer spring. Also, the take-down pin that has the little spring retainer??? Unsure of nomenclature. Nice find