Thread: My M97 Wannabe

1. Default My M97 Wannabe

Always loved the Trench Broom. Winchester M97. Hard to find, and when I do, way out of my price leauge. So I was going to look into buying a Norinco copy. Nice, but about a year ago decided if I was going to have a copy, it was at least going to be a real Winchester. So, I found a good 1919 Winchester model 1897, and another beat one to use for parts simply because I wanted not to ruin a good 1897. I built a M97 copy using the parts I had to cut from the parts gun, leaving the good 1897 parts intact in case someday I wanted to return it back to original. I have all the original parts in order to keep it original, or to be put back all original. Came up with a suitable M97 copy using a real Win 1897. Here is my attempt to own one. It's a wannabe, but a fun affordable solution. Gets looks every time I take it out, and I have less into it than if I bought a Norinco copy. I have about $600 into it, which includes the original gun that can be put back to original whenever I want to. The Bayo is however authentic.

Looks good. Keep your eyes open and you can probably find enough spare parts to resurrect the donor 97 some day.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

3. Default

Actually, the doner I sold the parts off and ended up making enough on the parts that covered what I paid for the parts gun. I just kept the original parts from the good one to reverse it in the future (barrel, mag tube, etc.) The sheild/bayo lug is a pretty good reproduction.

That's a good looking Trench boomer. Shoot the hell out of it. Show it off to everyone who will look at it. Most of all have fun with it.