Thread: My Bayonets

1. Default My Bayonets

I'm not a bayonet collector, but I thought I'd share a photo of mine.
    Top: SA dated 1918
    Bottom: AFH refurb

Very nice. Especially like the long one. Last time I almost got one was 30-40 years agos, guy wanted 85 bucks, thought it was too much at the time. Should have snapped it up! I do not collect bayos either, except for one or several for rifles I own. That has resulted in having over a hundred.

Does the 1918 bayonet have grooves in the wood grips? Those are more collectible.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Does the 1918 bayonet have grooves in the wood grips? Those are more collectible.
    Yes, the grips are grooved. The opposite side has a chip out of the upper edge but otherwise they're in pretty good shape.

wooden grips on Model 1905 bayonets: pre 1917 grips had narrow grooves while later grips had wider grooves - proper word is scales. Post WW1 replacement grips had the drawing number C64036 inside the right grip and C64037 inside the left grip

Shooter5 Guest

Nice!

Nice bayonet; it brings back memories to I was about 10 years old. My Mom and I were at a junk dealer looking for parts for my Mom's ringer washing machine; looking around I spotted a small wooden barrel. It was half full of bayonets. My eyes lit up and I kept pestering Mom to buy me one. She did, they were $3.50 each, and it turned out to be a 1905 SA bayonet an scabbard, as new as it could come from Springfield. I loved that bayonet for meny years, but for some reason I traded it . We do some stupid things in life; I wish I had it today. THINK BEFORE TRADEING!!! Just a little advice, thanks alb03

Default my Model 1905 bayonet

bought this many years ago before I had the rifle to go with this bayonet
    Attached Images Attached Images