Default 1911 Holster Help

Hello Guys ,
    I was recently gifted with a couple of 1911 holsters from a relative . One is a M1912 Cavalry Model w/swivel and buckle leg strap and marked Rock Island Arsenal 1915 . The other is a M1916 Model and marked Sears but no date .
    They are both in reasonably good condition , no tears ,rips , dry rot , or deep cracks . Just some very light flaking at the hanger areas .
    After doing a search here on the CSP I have decided to use the Pecards treatment as prescribed by Johnny P and others using a very light application as to preserve them as best I can in their current state .
    The only downside to the holsters is that both of them are missing one each of the brass rivets on the backside .
    Are replacement rivets available and if so where ? And what tools will be needed to install them ?
    I know just one rivet on each holster should not be much reason for concern but I really would like them to be complete and correct for our upcoming militaria display that we have at the local Nazarine Church on Veterans Day .
    Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks,
    Shawn

I have no idea where the copper rivets might be available. It is not unusual for the verdigris to push them off the holster. The verdigris is result of the tannic acid in the holster reacting to the copper rivets.

Shooter5 Guest

Tandy Leather and similar sources have a variety of rivets plus the necessary tools. Or check your local shoe/boot repair shop.

https://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/...me/rivets.aspx
    Last edited by Shooter5; 09-10-2014 at 06:55.

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    Tandy Leather and similar sources have a variety of rivets plus the necessary tools. Or check your local shoe/boot repair shop.

https://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/...me/rivets.aspx
    Thanks for sharing this site with us, I have looked a few times for these types of rivets too.