Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

As Ted mentioned, the connector is quite soft. Give it a smack and shape it the way you want. To mount one on a stock that is going to accept a Fulton receiver, you simply need to remove a small amount of wood in the stock so the base can move out slightly to accommodate Fulton's wide rail.

This is a photo of a few of my earlier M14 type rifles. I use Hawk's kits on all of them.

Semper Fi
    Art

2. Default

Great pic! Thanks, guys.

DeWayne

my guess is that he enjoys getting unwanted attention by LEOS............. always figured these were all the rage with the mall ninja crowd.........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

da gimp,
    Most LEOS that would even recognize one of these have long retired.
    Semper Fi
    Sgt. USMC 66-72 RVN 67-68
    Mall ninja membership #000
    Made me chuckle.
    Art

5. Default

Returning the last wood-and-steel American battle rifle to the way it looked in 1959 hardly seems "mall ninja" to me. In fact, it seems kind of the opposite.

Mounting five rails, a flash light, and a red dot sight on an M14 ... now THAT would be ninja-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne Hayes View Post
    Returning the last wood-and-steel American battle rifle to the way it looked in 1959 hardly seems "mall ninja" to me. In fact, it seems kind of the opposite.

Mounting five rails, a flash light, and a red dot sight on an M14 ... now THAT would be ninja-esque.
    My sentiments exactly. I told my wife about that post and she is still laughing. I may be a Walmartian , but sure ain't no 65yr plus ninja. We actually used those rifles against folks in black pajamas. That's what got my chuckle going.

Just so you bums should know that I'm not opposed to good rifles of the "modern sporting rifle" military surplus type......We've had 3 CAR 15's since the early to mid 80's...... plus 2 more AR platform Service rifles...........one of those is by WhiteOak built on a Rock River with a 1-7 Kreiger , the other is a Colt Custom shop rifle, have two M1 Garands, one is a M1 Type I upgraded to Type II NM, & the other is what is now called a correct grade postage stamp IHC...........

we took an early 4 digit M1A that my brother in law sold me ($650.00 in 1994 or so... yeah he really porked me) & bought a complete set of new old stock TRW M14 parts sans barrel, receiver, & rear sight from the CMP for $160.00 or so & had our old retired armorer build us a NM grade M1A service rifle for competition with a nice blued Shilen barrel...........

I carried a badge for many many years............ & along with those damn BB guns & air soft guns that truly look like functioning real rifles, subs & pistols....... these kits are going to cause people to be checked down real hard, by some anti-gun LEO........ who will get some anti-gun judge to issue a search warrant for their homes, vehicles & possibly place of work too............. & bet on this......... if they want to find something illegal/ or hinky they will too.......then think on just how amazed & happy your wife is when you try to explain why you need to spend maybe $10,000 in legal defense fees because you want to look cool....................heck she probably won't mind it either.............. & if the LEO spots it in your car............ it'll be seized too & in the truly anti gun states........ you could even lose your house if they find something in it................... but it's your money & stuff kid............ go ahead..............
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

If you say so, so it shall be. Now that you got that load off. Let's just enjoy the hobby and have a wonderful day. Sorry if a photo of a small part of my collection set you off sonny. I have never been one to intentionally break any sort of laws for sure. I don't ever expect to feel the need to look over my shoulder or cover my tracks. Your advice has been taken and stored in the proper area.
    Thanks, I always wanted to be a bum. Yesterday I couldn't even spell it, now I are one according to a feller that claims to have carried a badge for many years. Must have been in Boss Hog's department. Geesh.
    Semper Fi
    Art

9. Default

These kits have been available for several years now. I spend more time than I should (regrettably) on various milsurps forums and have yet to read of one (1) example of the scenario that you describe (or anything close to it). If you know first-hand of such an incident, or can direct me to one described online, please share.

DeWayne

actually one of the guys here was at the range with a M1A equipped with one.................. he had to break down the rifle to prove it was just for "looks" was inert.............. the LEO's who checked him were not that friendly & he had the distinctive feeling that he'd just made their list of creeps........... He took the damn thing off & went back to using a civilian m1A stock.............under the basic good sense of who needs the headaches............... so far only the guy selling them & his friends say they've had no problems.
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter