Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Hey Scott who owns the four Singers in the photos and are any of them for sale?

Always interested in finding treasure.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by westgard View Post
    Rob, I can't make out the serial numbers - any consecutives?
    -Matt
    Not in the photos I posted... But they are within a few hundred of each other!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2guns View Post
    Hey Scott who owns the four Singers in the photos and are any of them for sale? Always interested in finding treasure.
    I don't ask or answer questions like that. So please don't be offended that I won't discuss what I own, what I paid, what's for sale, etc. here. It's hardly proper forum etiquette...unless, of course, this were a forum for blowhards and braggarts. I like to think it's a place to learn about the guns, not personal details. Thanks.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

As Rob Greer subtly pointed out with his posting of a photo of five Singer pistols quickly trumping a previous post of a photo of four Singers...... anybody can find photos.......The difficult part is finding AND acquiring AND owning multiple authentic Singer 1911s. From my limited experience, I don't know anyone else that does. If they are out there , I sure would enjoy hearing from them. Dealers buy and sell every day but many collectors just keep their treasures to enjoy. On another note, I believe etiquette lectures should be saved for people who have ethics themselves to make that sermon.
    Last edited by gbethu; 07-27-2014 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by gbethu View Post
    As Rob Greer subtly pointed out with his posting of a photo of five Singer pistols quickly trumping a previous post of a photo of four Singers...... anybody can find photos.......
    Oh, is that what you think Rob was pointing out? If so, that is indeed subtle.

But I have known and dealt with Rob long enough to believe he didn't have an agenda with his post. Like me, I believe he was simply adding 5 more Singers to the thread in reply to Johnny's question "Where's the other 27 ?".

You're pissing in the wind. Don't try try to make something out of nothing.

I'm reminded of The Amazing Kreskin... "Even now I know what you are thinking! http://www.amazingkreskin.com/

The AMAZING Gordo!

I could almost take you serious as a 1911 collector...if you could simply demonstrate you knew something besides how much money you have.
    www.m1911info.com

Too subtle for someone like yourself maybe.

Jealousy doesn't become anyone though as you just demonstrated with your snide remarks. Too many collectors know your business history and have already formed a low opinion of you. I've never met anyone that had any respect for you because of your lack of ethics.
    You do get respect for your knowledge of 1911s. I don't presume to be an expert in 1911s at all nor do I ever hold myself out to be one. I have a good reputation in the business field I worked in most of my life, and as you pointed out, I made a very good amount of money doing it. Too bad you haven't as yet it appears.
    I understand your time is running out to correct your
    reputation...maybe you might want to start today. :-)
    Last edited by gbethu; 07-27-2014 at 12:24.

Quote Originally Posted by gbethu View Post
    ...The difficult part is finding AND acquiring AND owning multiple authentic Singer 1911s...
    http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...inger-magazine

(The AMAZING) Gordo:

Unlike you, I do have some experience. There are several collectors, including myself, who own and/or have owned multiple Singers at once and still do. It is a big world and you are not in the center of it. Everyone isn't jealous of you. Take it from someone with some knowledge and experience... I've examined a lot of Singers. You may want to revise your WANTED ad and be looking for Singer barrels and magazines.
    www.m1911info.com

8. Default

Sorry - double post.
    Last edited by Rob Greer; 07-27-2014 at 12:51. Reason: double post

9. Default

As Scott said, I had no agenda with the photos I uploaded... it is the only photo set I know of with 5 correct and known Singers that were issued. (I actually shared those photos a few years ago, and thought newer members would enjoy seeing them in this thread.) I thought I was adding to the thread and ultimately showing the most known Singers in one thread - 12 so far. We are a little over 2% of the issued production... just trying to get to the percentage mentioned earlier in the thread.

Please don't bring me into the mud slinging... and I think I can speak for many members here (presumptuously?) - I'd (we'd?) rather not have a repeat of the earlier threads bashing each other. This is supposed to be a fun forum where people came to share and learn about these guns. (Stepping off my soapbox now...)

I apologize if I inadvertently tossed tinder on the fire - that was NOT my intent.

10. Default

Archduke Ferdinand was shot with a Browning model 1899/1900 sparking off WWI. It appears I set off the next Great War with a 1911 and an IPad.....