Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M3 and M6 combo

I carried a "bent blade" Gerber through two tours in Viet Nam[that knife wasn't made during my first tour].Those tours I were as an aviator but I spent enough time on the ground[not always by choice!] to know that the belt bail was a problem. Fortunately a new invention allowed a fix without removing the bail. It was called" hundred mile an hour green tape".I still have that Gerber and will never part with it.I know little about collecting knives but I would love to find a nice dated 1943 M-3 in a leather sheath to go with my all 1943 1911A1 collection.[I was born in '43]BTW, my first tour was on the ground and I used a carbine bayo with the barrel band ground down.I was med evaced out an my knife didn't come home with me. Interestingly enough,my Colt Python did! Go figure. Nick

2. Default

If ur still looking for a dated m3 I have a dated 1943 utica paratrooper knife with original m6 leather shealth I am selling it was my great uncles from when he was in ww2. If im going to sell it I would prefer it to go to a veteran that would appreciate its sentimental value as much as I do.

20140509_013746.jpg
    20140508_235411.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Default

Let me kno if ur interested

On the front of the choil -
    facing towards the point.
    on the bottom of a bent choil
    is : Inscribed with
    US
    M3
    Utica