Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need quick help 99 carbine

Local show has 99 carbine with C front sight blade no rear sight sanded stock. Is it worth $400? Bore worn butt bright.
    Thanks.

How bad do you want a carbine? If you want one, you could come out OK on that one. It might not be much of a shooter, might do OK. And you cd always get you8r $$ out

Go for it!

jn

I would offer less, you'd have a lot to add.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm....thanks. looks like id better pass. Unless you want it, Jon.

400 is awfull cheap for a carbine, or a rifle for that matter. But it would depend on a lot not said by the poster! For one thing, if bore is bright how do you tell its worn?

By chance does the serial number 352482 register a hit?

I borrowed a brush with hoppes and took a close look. the throat and lands ahead of the throat are worn but bright. The lands from the bore end are relatively sharp, and some work with Lead out Patch out should brighten it considerably. This thing might shoot with .314 lead. I know the wife of the former owner and might make a run at it. It sat through the show with no serious offers. It's part of an estate of a deceased friend; it was marked at $400. As I was examining it some ass came up and told her it was worth more than what she had on it. I came close to telling him to bugger off.

It has a Rice peep on the bolt. Hey - there's $35 bucks I can recover....forgot it mention it had a repro handguard in the 98/02 configuration on it. The stock is toast - completely sanded and varathaned, but it does have the buttplate.

7. Default

Sounding more and more like something I'd pass on.

Nothing found between 352346 and 352759; sorry.

So much for being able offer less! Did you throw a kick in the fellow's direction? I would have. $400 is about what I paid for the cutoff that now has the Miller mount on it, so I guess the price still isn't bad.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Pentz,

It does sound like a scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel carbine, but it is a carbine. Too bad the wood is trashed. How's the metal? 4 bills might not be a bad price. Plus it didn't sell at that price, right? the market has spoken.

jn