Default Somebody stole one!

A nice, original (except possibly the rod) 1892 just closed on Gunbroker [413058768] for $1922. That is about 1/2 to 1/3 what it is, IMHO, worth.

I set a firm limit, didn't even watch the close, and was beaten by one increment - the worst way to lose.

But, looking on the bright side, I already have one. Would I have gone another $25? Of course, but, that 15-minute thing can go on forever - and you never know who will blink first.

How many here were watching it, or perhaps bidding?

Terrible presentation - and, I wonder if he knew what he had? Judging by his other merchandise I'm thinking he didn't have a clue. I asked him several questions, which he answered promptly.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 05-04-2014 at 11:03. Reason: added auction number - sorry

Have you got a link or a number to the auction so I can look at it. It'll be up for a bit longer even though it sold.

OK, I found it. I sure wish that I'd have known about it. Id have bought the damned thing. Sigh

Hi Dick, I put one bid on it, but it had a couple of crazy new bidders that were at war with each other days before bid time. The photos were not that great so I backed off. I could never figure out what being high bidder long before closing gains anyone except the seller. Maybe next time. John

The photos were crap, but the gun wasn't. Only thing that might be bad is the rod.

The winner has revealed himself on the KCA board.

Seller bought the gun from a local gun shop owner, who let it go as a junker for $200. So, seller made a quick grand, but actually left $2000 or so on the table by not knowing what he was selling. I asked him why no reserve and he said he had no idea what he had. Now I wish I'd stayed in a bit longer - but, I already have a nice one, and money is tight.

Very nice and Dick I know what you mean about loss. I bid $4,000 on the 38th Winchester Garand reciever a few weeks back and woke up the next morning to see I lost to a $4,001 bid Rick B