Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's not bad for the first load you tried Paul. A couple other factors probably influenced group size too. I've had the ocular bell come loose on a similar scope, and that moved the POI around, so your lens working out likely did the same. I also note you're giving the bullet a jump rather than seating them into the rifling. With low pressure loads, that sometimes works ok, the neck doesn't expand much and keeps the bullet from going crooked before it starts to take the rifling. I noticed the other day that the 36.5gr of RL19 I use doesn't fully expand the neck, it blows them out to .313" ID, but a higher pressure jacketed load in the same rifle blows the neck out to .315" ID.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I agree that the neck is probably not expanding much. I'll measure them before I clean and resize. I can also seat the bullets out a little further too. I may seat one loose and chamber in an empty case to see where the bullet contacts the rifling. Then I'll have an idea of how far out I can seat them and still have them fully supported by the case neck. I have a little homework to do now!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo