Thread: I screwed up.

Default I screwed up.

My tax return didn't come in so I only had about $1,000 cash for Tulsa. If you have ever been to Tulsa you know $1,000 doesn't go very far. I decided I would not buy any guns this time, just small stuff I can make money on later.

As I was walking the aisles I heard two guys discussing an Arisaka and I could tell they were confused. I asked what they wanted to know and they said it had stock markings which was normal for training rifles but it looked like a real rifle. It had a pair of nice cartouches to the stock and I told them it was probably a school rifle and they should look at the receiver. They rolled it over and I about lost it. It was a concentric circle school rifle with Trapezoid rear sight. Also had an original cleaning rod. They had absolutely no interest in the receiver markings and I shut off the flow of information at "School rifle". They put it back on the rack and walked off. I grabbed it and looked at the price tag....made the deal and walked off with the rifle for $250. I broke my rule and I really don't feel bad about it.....LOL

It is in good condition and with all the serious collectors at Tulsa I am always surprised by the common Arisakas at $400+ and the super rare stuff sitting on the rack at $200-$250.

Last show there was a Naval special training rifle in great shape on an end cap near the north Entrance....$200 You better bet I bought that one too.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

I once had a chance at a matched 44 carbine with the mum overstamed with the 3-concentric rings @ 450 and walked. Some time later I went back and it was gone!

Sounds like you made out like the proverbial bandit Guam... Well Done! Now let's see some pictures!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Pics will have to wait. I didn't bring my camera and my phone takes terrible closeups.

I bought a bunch of slings, belts and lanyards at 3 for $20. I just tossed everything that looked decent into a bag without looking too closely. When I checked them later one of the US Leather slings is 1918 dated and shows age. Also the Repro Jap revolver lanyard appears to be original. I will black light test it when I get home. Those two will completely change my profit margin.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.