Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    Sure enough, John, I don't see a model designator on the receiver, either! Lots of odd things about the entire rifle. Does it look to anyone else in the photos that the rear action screw hole has been drilled clear through, like a Remington 03? And does the "Hatcher Hole" look like it should be on a much, much later rifle? Besides the obvious damage to the RSFB, it looks to me like the rear sight assembly is an Oneida piece. I've been way off before, and I just took a handful of meds, but it's an odd one for certain!
    Hey Daddy o' Seven!

I agree with chuckindenver. Those are some good meds you're taking! The rear receiver screw hole does indeed appear drilled thru and the receiver appears to exhibit other characteristics of a Remington receiver. The rear sight is a pre-WWI Springfield Armory rear sight. But you are correct that the drift slide assembly was made by Oneida Limited. I also note that something appears amiss around the ejector pin, but I can't tell what.

I was pleased to read that yo' state joined Utah in passing a college campus right-to-carry law. Please convey my regards to your family!

J.B.

Thanks for the thought, John! My only hope now is that the Attorneys General for Utah and Idaho will grow backbones when they have to inevitably defend those laws in court!
    Sadly, Idaho has been too long on the Federal Government Teat. I believe I heard or read one time that Idaho is in the top five states for amount of money received per capita. By the time all 'benefits' are thrown in, medical support, federal land holdings, Indian reservations, research facilities, roads, bridges and highways, national forests, parks, recreation areas, monuments, ad nauseum, then I could believe the numbers to be true.
    It's one thing for the legislature and the governor to make a minor splash in the news about such things, quite another when the Emperor threatens to close the vault doors!

OH!!! BTW, the whole area around the cutoff looks almost 'too well done', if you understand what I'm thinking. An 'over-restored' drill rifle, or a machinist with a heckuva shop gone wild?

Lyrica, Hydrocodone, 800 mg Motrin, a water pill, and a new one that I haven't picked up yet for the recent migraines. Gettin' old ain't for sissies, but it helps to have a good pharmacist!
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 03-27-2014 at 08:34.

the more i look at that rifle, the bigger the train wreck it is....not that good a job of grinding, once you look...waves all over, out of index lettering,
    i was gonna say felonious sale....but i doubt the seller knows its a humped up POS..
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

I wonder if the seller would answer the question on why the first digit (#1) is out of alignment?

Sold 930 bucks.