Default Bill Mook's book of data and sketches that he gave me.

Here is a tantalizing page from my copy of an unpublished book that Bill Mook gave to both me and another friend of his who's a good buddy of mine. In this book, Bill Mook sketched every differing detail of every part of every type of U.S. Krag. My wife has just now located my copy of the book in our garage. Hurray! There's a serial number list in it that can narrow down what week a Krag was made in Springfield Armory by calendar as well as fiscal year. Neat stuff inside for sure that contains information never before touched upon. Thanks again Bill!

awsome stuff, more please

This is awesome Fred... Thanks very much!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Scan and share?
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

6. Default

Please. I begged Bill and Tom Pearce to produce a book, to no avail.

5MF is into all these little changes and such, perhaps his book will cover the subject too.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

8. Default

Fred,

thanks for sharing what you did. I seem to remember hearing about Bill's book before (unpublished), but had not started my research (I call it research, but really is just reading others info so maybe better called study). I wonder if 5MF has seen or has a copy of Bill's info, it might be helpful to him to compare to his findings so far.

The serial number list in it that can narrow down what week a Krag was made in Springfield Armory by calendar as well as fiscal year would be real nice to see.

Any other history on what Bill gathered and over what time period might be nice for any of us "Newbies" to hear.

jimmyZwei
    Last edited by jimmyzwei; 03-31-2014 at 06:06.
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    Voltaire (1694-1778) French writer and historian.