1. Default World War II Brass Knuckles?

I came across a Brass Knuckle that is marked on the back strap with "US" and "1942". Is there any documentation indicating the Military actually issued "Knuckles" or is it a fake? The finish is very smooth and appears to be well worn.
    Any information would be appreciated.

Never say never, but never have I heard or seen anything in reference to the US Military issuing brass knuckles. Brass knuckle knife handles, but never plain old brass knuckles.

On the one hand there are plenty of references in personal stories of front line G.I.'s having items like brass knuckles, and blackjacks, etc. On the other hand that doesn't mean they were issued. A curiosity at this point.

While I have not seen a document or TO&E authorizing them during WWII I have seen pictures and heard stories of them being carried by soldiers. What strikes me is that most that I have seen in pictures within a unit appear to be about the same style which leads me to believe that they could have been issued. I have two that my father carried with him during the war. One he made and the other he traded for. The pair he traded for appear to be the standard issue kind if one exists. Unfortunately I cannot remember if he got them in England or Normandy.

There may have been special purchase for a unit or platoon. Yes they were carried in WWII as a private item, but to the best of my knowledge and research they were never a military issue. I've heard of guys even carrying black jacks in WWII but they also were never a military issue. With 4 million people in uniform a lot of odd items were carried, heck, some of them may have actually seen combat. But as a side note, brass knuckles is one of those things you don't want to have in your procession if captured by the bad guys.