Thread: Charles Clawson's new book

1. Default Charles Clawson's new book

A must have for any Military Firearms Collectors library

For sale: American-Made Mosin Nagant Rifles – World War I through Allied Intervention by Charles W. Clawson. Price $25 plus $5.60 for shipping. Please send personal check with letter to him at: Box 15216, Ft. Wayne, IN 46885. Book can be autographed at no additional charge. For pricing on multiple copies, contact Mr. Clawson directly at the same address.

http://forums.gunboards.com/attachme...3&d=1380378363
    Last edited by gfguns; 10-27-2013 at 06:06.

Man it really surprises me he did this. I set up at a lot of the shows he attends and the last time I talked with him he didn't look good at all.

3. Default

He seemed to be doing good at the OGCA IX Center Show a couple weeks ago. It is a great book with a lot of info never available before on the US Contract M-N rifles. These rifles have been increasing in value at a pretty good clip and this book will help to push them higher yet.

I'm glad to hear he is doing better. I always enjoyed our talks together.

I admit the book is quite a "detour" over his previous books on the .45. I got my copy the other day. A large, magazine-sized paperback, but very well-written.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

For anyone interested in U.S. made rifles used by foreign governments "Allied Rifle Contracts in America" by Luke Mercaldo is an excellent book. The book also has some excellent period photographs.

Got that one, as well - an excellent book.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

8. Default

I bought the Clawson book. It's pretty good- another tool in the toolbox to aid identifying these interesting rifles. I found the breakdown of manufacturer's and contractors markings to be the most helpful.