Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR 10 Up date

wait til you have your head down on the stock and hear the first TWANG WHEN IT DOES FIRE!!!
    it is loud

I have one with a 16" barrel that I shoot quite a bit. This one has a 20" barrel and I plan to put a really good scope on it.

here's hoping for you joe.............

be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Well I picked it up and now I need to find time to clean it and go shooting!

5. Default

I have the 16in carbine DPMS 308. Bought it new on Gunbroker for $970 + ship plus fee to my FFL. The only thing it needs is a 2 stage trigger....the stock one is kinda rough. Mounted a 4 power Bushnell and got it zeroed, but hard to get groups that mean anything with that trigger.

Great day at the range. Super groups with several groups touching. Nikon scope works like a charm, glad I bought it.

I have one of the old "Portuguese" AR-10s. They were actually built by Artillerie Inrichtengen in Holland and used by the Portuguese in Angola. There were a couple of other buyers, but the Portuguese rilfes were the most common, followed by the Sudanese. I have to agree with the earlier poster who said that none of the current crop come close to the originals. The old ones are smoother and feel more ergonomic than any of the new ones, at least to me. Super accurate also.

I have an ArmaLite AR-10A4 that I normally shoot, but once in a while, the old one comes out to play.

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have one of the old "Portuguese" AR-10s. They were actually built by Artillerie Inrichtengen in Holland and used by the Portuguese in Angola. There were a couple of other buyers, but the Portuguese rilfes were the most common, followed by the Sudanese. I have to agree with the earlier poster who said that none of the current crop come close to the originals. The old ones are smoother and feel more ergonomic than any of the new ones, at least to me. Super accurate also.

I have an ArmaLite AR-10A4 that I normally shoot, but once in a while, the old one comes out to play.
    Try this:

http://www.laruetactical.com/predatobr-762-16inch

I never 'order' a firearm because they are available here. AR10s are here to buy and run out the door.
    Due to ammo shortages, no warning shot will be fired