Thread: another entry into the "1941 Clone" with small exception

Default another entry into the "1941 Clone" with small exception

With some exception, the scope is a family item, it was Grandfathers, he told me it was "military"
    in the early 60's i had no idea what a USMC 1941 sniper rifle was, there is a possibility that this came from one, it has a 1.5 million serial number and SA engraved on the scope?? and that number matches a known national match from the right era. Am i saying it is a original sniper scope, NO Way, just a curiosity in life. fine scope and quite accurate also
    first three rounds at 100 yards after getting windage set up at 25 and 50 yards, this is the first three rounds out of the new criterion barrel
    after 10 rounds at 25 and 50 combined (yeah i did breakin procedures)

did some more shooting and am happy with results at 100 yards, have not even messed with the parralax feature, then switched to 175 grain smk a little hotter shot two and saw that they were a little higher, came down but came down too far shot one and saw that i had gone out the bottom put some elevation back on it and shot three without looking at scope, here is results

now to train with it and shoot some 300 at Adams creek range in North Carolina

2. Default

Ira, That is a beautiful rifle. Congratualtions! Rick

Very very nice !!

I had a new criterion barrel installed, the original which is still in good shape and looks good only shot 3" at 100. The man that swapped the barrel and drilled and taped it was a retiree from Anniston Al CMP, he even parked it
    I think the rifle shoots better than the shooter! I am a terrible bench shooter, just do not do well shooting from rest, why have no idea, but just am lousy. Got a bum right hand maybe i can blame it on that, Have a perm crook in trigger finger due to losing a lot of tendons in right hand in an (shall we say accident) at Khe Sahn, and i seem to drag wood to the right when i pull trigger seem to do better slinged up
    thanks for the kind comment, these things are fun to build
    and anyone out there that is or might be looking for a A4, Flatwoods Outfitters Hubert Il has one for sale, I have seen it and it is pretty nice, everything right on it but scope is not correct, but easily changed. No i have no idea the cost, but I know Dana and it would be fair