Default Questions on Remington 03/A3 Greek Return

Received rifle from CMP 4 to 5 yrs. ago. SN. 4004498. All parts appear to be Remington with exception of bolt body which is Smith Corona w/crossed rifles on top of bolt handle. Very faint letters FJA on left side of stock. On left rear of stock are letters in a block with RIA and letters EB. Stock has a very faint circled P and another plain P. Barrel is RA 9-43. Butt Plate is correct. Sight cover has an R on right side and Ord. Bomb with US on left side. My questions are: Is barrel date correct for rifle; Stock is pinned, is this possibly org. stock? Finish on all parts is original and matches to include the bolt body. Barrel is mint . Is it possible that bolt body is orig. to rifle. I do not believe rifle has been in hands of troops based on previous experience in both Army and Navy.

According to vishooter's page that barrel is about right for that serial #.
    http://www.vishooter.net/RA3.txt
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Quote Originally Posted by SUB VET II View Post
    Received rifle from CMP 4 to 5 yrs. ago. SN. 4004498. All parts appear to be Remington with exception of bolt body which is Smith Corona w/crossed rifles on top of bolt handle. Very faint letters FJA on left side of stock. On left rear of stock are letters in a block with RIA and letters EB. Stock has a very faint circled P and another plain P. Barrel is RA 9-43. Butt Plate is correct. Sight cover has an R on right side and Ord. Bomb with US on left side. My questions are: Is barrel date correct for rifle; Stock is pinned, is this possibly org. stock? Finish on all parts is original and matches to include the bolt body. Barrel is mint . Is it possible that bolt body is orig. to rifle. I do not believe rifle has been in hands of troops based on previous experience in both Army and Navy.

(1) Yes.
    (2) Very highly unlikely.
    (3) No.

Hope this helps.

J.B.

Thanks Jeff and J.B. Everything helps. This thing is driving me up the wall. Current question: In that my stock has the letters FJA in the same relative position as the pictures in Devil Dogs post, however much lighter and my stock is pinned. Devil Dogs is Bolt. When did Remington stop using pins and go to Bolts? With your concurrence I'm sure there will be further questions.. Again Thanks.

Sorry about that: Should be pictures posted by "Willhunt" instead of Devil Dog..

Quote Originally Posted by SUB VET II View Post
    Thanks Jeff and J.B. Everything helps. This thing is driving me up the wall. Current question: In that my stock has the letters FJA in the same relative position as the pictures in Devil Dogs post, however much lighter and my stock is pinned. Devil Dogs is Bolt. When did Remington stop using pins and go to Bolts? With your concurrence I'm sure there will be further questions.. Again Thanks.
    Remington switched from pins to bolt in the fall of 1943. Willhunt's rifle correctly has a bolt-reinforced stock.

J.B.

Thanks again J.B.