Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So now that it is in tune, did you take the opportunity to let the pawn shop owner know that he screwed up? Just wondering, might not be good idea, he might come up with something else nice that he knows little about. I'll bet you troll the place a little more than what you used to, Len.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    So now that it is in tune, did you take the opportunity to let the pawn shop owner know that he screwed up? Just wondering, might not be good idea, he might come up with something else nice that he knows little about. I'll bet you troll the place a little more than what you used to, Len.
    No I'm not going enlighten him on his error. He's in the business , he set the price. He should have known better. I stop in the store every month or so just to see what's turned up. Picked up a nice wartime Walther PPK rig there since the Krag episode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On a much "lesser" level, I was digging through a box of "junk" M1903 parts at a gun show and noticed a CV-marked cocking piece and asked the table-owner "how much", and he said "Five bucks". I gladly paid the amount and was able to resell it for $45. My friend happened to tell the guy at the next gunshow, and ever after, he would glare at me as I went by (and did NOT stop)!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

4. Default

Sometimes it's best to keep one's own counsel!

Rick's "friend" should have known better!

But, an even more trying case is when you are consulted, and find yourself caught in the middle between a buyer and seller (when both are friends/acquaintances) over a pending deal, when you know that the item has "issues".
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 09-04-2013 at 08:11.

6. Default

Any cartouche?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Any cartouche?
    Yep there is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Default

Nice. The follower should also be numbered.

That really is a nice restoration. i wonder what that rifle did during its service?

jn

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Nice. The follower should also be numbered.
    Well I don't feel like playing gunsmith so I'll leave checking the follower to a future owner. For what I have in the rifle two out of three is ok with me.
    Last edited by Len; 09-05-2013 at 04:58.