Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Marilne-mp, I don't think "deep rust blue" has a specific meaning. To me it indicates a finish that seems t o wear better and is just a rich shade of blue. You certainly don't want to parkerize the metal unless you are just wanting something that will withstand the elements. If the rifle has been reblued before then whatever you do, within reason, should not cut the value. IL am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Additional: I found the photos posted above after posting this reply. They are helpful in figuring out what the rifle is.
    Last edited by Herschel; 06-19-2013 at 10:39.

Thanks Herschel ...I will send a few better pics to Jim when I get home as to the barrel contour and side mount. By all research I've done...it is a Griffin and Howe. I believe I will take your advice and not re-blue it. I am leaning toward just going to remove the surface rust and oil it up and enjoy shooting it. Again...thanks and Semper-fi &This We'll Defend. Mike
    Chester to Matt Dillon..."yer friends git awful scarce, when the shootin' starts"!!!

Iraqi Freedom Vet., O.O.P.H.

I sure would like to see some pictures of the rifle! Sounds Very Interesting!

Waiting for pics!

Sorry about the "no-show" on the pictures....fellas...working much overtime. Will try to get my my act together this 'enin.
    Chester to Matt Dillon..."yer friends git awful scarce, when the shootin' starts"!!!

Iraqi Freedom Vet., O.O.P.H.