Default Check this **** out, fake cartouche stamp...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRAG-JORGENS...item2ec888a962

On fleabay...scum sucking fakers....

I don't know if it's the same guy, but stamps for M1903 "reproductions," as well as M1 stocks, etc. are very common on eBay. Obviously their "sales" are behind a large number of the fake stocks seen on eBay and other places. Another "humper" marks stocks, no questions asked - he posts on the CMP forum once in a while.

No use for them, either!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Great minds think alike - I JUST got done turning him in to Ebay!! How about a BUNCH of us do the same? (but not all the same day)

4. Default

Not even a reasonable reproduction. Very poor quality, would not fool anyone with that stamp.

5. Default

Brings to mind a 1903 rifle that is currently on Gunbroker, sorry forgot the number. Rifle is a very nice piece, looks like maybe one of the late , pre WWII rifles. Then they show the cartouche and it jumps at you as being a horrible fake. Messed up an otherwise nice rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Not even a reasonable reproduction. Very poor quality, would not fool anyone with that stamp.
    Unfortunately, I see people proudly show off their rifles with fake stamps all the time, thinking they have something "authentic". I especially remember a discussion on the CMP forum a couple of years ago about use of these fake inspection stamps. To my surprise, I found myself in the minority in criticizing the use of these stamps and had at least a couple of people (probably those with dirty fingers) told me to mind my own business!!

I seriously doubt eBay will do anything about this guy - these stamps have been for sale for some time.
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 06-10-2013 at 06:36.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I wanna get a set to do my camo laminated Garand stock! It should have an Elmer Keith stamp.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson