Thread: Decent haul

Default Decent haul

Ihad a guy bring a T-99 into the Abilene show. He had asked me Saturday about parts and values and being stupid I told him the truth....LOL

Sunday he came in with a nice T-99 mismatched bolt, intact mum, AA sights and original monopod. He also had 2 type 38 receivers and two bolts and a T-99 bolt body. I gave him $300 and a decent 10" garand bayonet for all of it.

Not sure what I will do with the junk but I just can't pass it up.....LOL

The rifle was a good find though and I am happy.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Tyler show this weekend a guy brought in a T-99 slightly sportered and chambered in 300 savage along with an unmolested (unfortunately) T-99 with AA sights, all numbers matching. I paid too much I think $350 for the pair. Problem was, I somehow did not notice that the good rifle was missing the safety, firing pin and spring......LOL Oh well, I bought the sporter as a parts gun anyways so I robbed Peter to pay Paul.

The "good" rifle has the mum and is in pretty good shape but has a layer of surface rust that looks like brown velveteen. Rem oil and a rag should make it presentable.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    Tyler show this weekend a guy brought in a T-99 slightly sportered and chambered in 300 savage along with an unmolested (unfortunately) T-99 with AA sights, all numbers matching. I paid too much I think $350 for the pair. Problem was, I somehow did not notice that the good rifle was missing the safety, firing pin and spring......LOL Oh well, I bought the sporter as a parts gun anyways so I robbed Peter to pay Paul.

The "good" rifle has the mum and is in pretty good shape but has a layer of surface rust that looks like brown velveteen. Rem oil and a rag should make it presentable.
    Ever try Kroil or Ballistol oil to clean a rifle ?

Thanks
    Pat

Guamsst the way you have been buying T38 and T99's your going to be able to outfit the whole Japanese army again. :>)
    Last edited by Tuna; 04-23-2013 at 07:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Guamsst the way you have been buying T38 and T99's your going to be able to outfit the whole Japanese army again. :>)
    I am working onoutfitting a cavalry squad.....LOL I have about 8 saddles and several pairs of boots and spurs and a few sets of saddle bags, tack and water and feed bags.

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg1911 View Post
    Ever try Kroil or Ballistol oil to clean a rifle ?
    No, but I had a friend who swore by Kroil. I try to buy guns that really just need a good cleaning.