1. Default I passed on a RIA 1903

I passed on a RIA M1903 that had a serial number which put it being manufactured in 1907. It had been re-barreled with an Avis barrel in 1918. The stock is a S type with grasping grooves. The bore looked good and I think the receiver and barrel are parked. The stock has a P in the grip are and no other stamps. It comes with a leather sling that could be USGI and a M1905 Bayonet in a WWII scabbard. The asking price is $1200. I am beginning to wonder if I should have picked it up. Thoughts? TIA

Finestkind

A parked, low-number, with an Avis barrel. Not worth a third of the asking to me.

You were smart to pass.

Mike

With the bayonet, GG stock and sling the worth might have been closer to $700, but again, grossly overpriced.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

The sling, if real, and bayonet add about $300 to what its worth so Rick would be right as to the value being around $700-$800 from what I have seen.

Unless there was something very highly unusual about it, the rifle was substantially overpriced.

J.B.

6. Default

Thanks for the input. I was considering going back to take another look at it. I will pass.

Finestkind