Default which bayonets are interchangeable with which rifles?

I know another annoying question. But which military bayonets are interchangable with which military rifles? For example I can attach a Spanish 1918 bayonet(approximate) to my Eddystone M1917 rifle. What other examples can one find. Thanks

Timmer- You can interchange all the bayonets for Krags, 03s, and M1s. The M1892, M1905, and M1s fit all three rifles. SKIP

Interesting side note: The Krag bayonet was used at West Point from the time when they were issued Krags until the advent of the M14.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Now for an odd one. I wanted a bayonet for my 10.4 Vetterli-Vitali. A friend who lived in Italy at the time found one and sent it to me. Yes, its an Italian bayonet, but it doesn't fit on my Vetterli, but rather on a No1Mk3 Lee Enfield!

All the Japanese Arisaka bayonets swap between the rifles, machine gun and submachinegun. Probably the only logistical thing they did that really made sense.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

All Mauser rifles which have the bar on end of stock will interchange bayos.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Now for an odd one. I wanted a bayonet for my 10.4 Vetterli-Vitali. A friend who lived in Italy at the time found one and sent it to me. Yes, its an Italian bayonet, but it doesn't fit on my Vetterli, but rather on a No1Mk3 Lee Enfield!
    Post WWII the Italian Army used British Enfields (don't ask me why). Large numbers of Carcano & Vetterli bayonets were converted to fit them ( In WWI the Austrians converted captured Vetterli bayos to fit their Mannlicher M95's). A friend's father did his Italian National Service in the late 40's and when I asked him if they were still using Carcanos he replied no , that his unit was armed with British rifles.
    Last edited by Len; 10-28-2012 at 06:37.

I would imagine when the Italians surrendered they lost allot of rifles to the Germans, allot of soldiers too!