Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sorry Hal, thats a different PIAT than the one I got. The one I traded for was listed on gunbroker but he pulled the ad as soon as I said I wanted it.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

I believe Service Armament had the PIATS for $9.95 apiece in the '60s. After awhile they dropped the price to two for $9.95.

Jgaynor’s post made me dig out an old scrap book I made many years ago. I had a box of old cuttings that I found of interest and just stuck them in an old book. Unfortunatly I failed to date them when I cut them out. If Jgaynor is right then this cutting is from the 60s. Oh for a time machine. I wonder what $9.95 is in today’s money. Still cheap by any standard.piat 001..jpg

The guy that wrote that advert obviously NEVER picked up a PIAT It weighs 38 pounds!

I have a fitness test in two weeks. The PIAT is on the floor next to the mat I do my situps on. I had been using a stack of books to weigh my upper body down. I got the bright idea to use the PIAT as a weight tonight. I cradled the PIAT across my collar bones/throat. This had two obvious effects. #1, it dropped my nightly situps from 40 and a slight warm sensation to 25 with burning abs. #2 it made the bookshelf I hook my feet under, rock around and slide on the floor...LOL

I will be adding more books to the shelf tomorrow night as my girlfriends cactus collection is on top of it and the thought of being pinned with a bookshelf on my knees, cactai on my belly and a PIAT on my throat does not seem like a fun way to spend an evening I think I could have done 30 situps but as I started to struggle, the bookshelf started getting allot more active.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Imagine the worst case scenario. The book case topples over and crushes you to death. I suppose that would have made you the first man killed by a PIAT in over 65 years, A call to fame you could well do without.

Well, I'm not completely careless, it is a short book case This morning my abs feel like they took a good solid beating last night.

Progress in copying those parts I sent you? It's been a while.