Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage Model 111 .338 Lapua

1. Default

it IS an awesome rifle. I'm not a big fan of the accustock though. looks mainly. Anybody know if there is an after market stock available?? I can't find one.

In the latest Cabelas "Loading bench Catalog", PPU 338 Lapua is $ 265 per hundred...Ordering # is Thc-21-8271 (699)...with the dry box....For 200 ordering # is THC-21-8271 (700), price would be $500.00....250 gr FMJ bullet....regards...

3. Default

As of now there is not an after market trigger that can be used with an accustock. Having had a number of accutriggers that I have replaced one might look at the 110 version of the .338 with the HS Precision stock. This is not an accustock and will accept after market triggers. I shoot this rifle and am a fan of the grip and comb on the HS stock. The accutrigger on the competition actions seems to have some consistency but there is variation with the other models. The accutrigger has many fans and I am not trying to encourage anyone to immediately change the trigger just mentioning the trigger can't be changed if the rifle has an accustock. While the rifle is attractively priced it is an expensive proposition to shoot regularly. The PRVI ammunition will leave you wanting better accuracy but reloading with it can be very accurate. Try to neck size as long as you can as full length resizing shortens the case life. One thing this rifle does is make one look for ranges with greater and greater distances at which to shoot.

4. Default

saw Midway USA had brass on sale for $100 per 100, been thinking I need a 338 Lapua.

5. Default

Midway oops! So many calls server went down. Won't honor printed price.

Quote Originally Posted by Entry Level View Post
    Midway oops! So many calls server went down. Won't honor printed price.
    If Larry did what you say, it is because Midway ran out & their supplier quoted them a higher price on the next lot they ordered, or they did not have a firm price on more brass from their supplier.....they never play pricing games with a customer, ever....
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

$100/100 is(was)a smoking deal. Usually it around $2 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    $100/100 is(was)a smoking deal. Usually it around $2 plus.
    My guess is that's why they sold out very quickly........it should say on the ad if backordering is okay.............
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

9. Default

Midway didn't play a pricing game the misprint just got by the proofreader. The price was only on the printed flyer. Anyone who buys Lapua brass for 338 knows it wasn't for real. I pay more than that for '06 brass from Lapua.

Lapua's .223 brass is pretty high too, but noted for it's vvg uniformity.....
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter