Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Photo of Leatherwood U.S.M.C. Unertl copy

Found this pic on the Leatherwood scope site blog- thought it was interesting.
    Per the blog it is supposed to debut at the upcoming SHOT Show.

2. Default

I'm building a clone, if priced right might be a good one to put on it for the vintage sniper class

3. Default

The retail price has already been announced to be $549. I think they will sell every one of them. I know I will get one. Looks like they have done a great job with it

Does that include mounts?

5. Default

The standard mounts or blocks would be specific to the rifle you intent to use it on, and not included with the scope.
    The mounts used for the 1903 Springfield, and any other application, are readily available from Steve Earle Products, and other makers.

6. Default

I'm going to the SHOT show in a few weeks, Leatherwood should have one in their booth if they're officially announcing it at the show. I'll try to get some pictures and find out what's included or available. They've got a bunch of different mounts for their other Malcolm scopes so I wouldn't be surprised if you can get scope blocks for this new one from them. I'm interested in seeing how good the rings and adjustments are. Leatherwood told me some time back that when they hit the marketplace, Iron Sight Inc. (http://www.ironsightinc.com/) will have them but there's no mention there so far. It would be great if they'd bring two to the show, I'd bring six of my friends named Benjamin.
    Last edited by Jim in Salt Lake; 12-31-2011 at 09:41.

7. Default

Are these made in China?

yes, they are China made, i talked to Iron Sight last week to see if i can get my hands on one, they told me not available yet, still working the bugs out.
    im looking to carry the vintage scope line if they are nice, and yes they come with mounts and bases i was told, retail around 600.00
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

YES!

I've been sitting on a poor old Pawn Shop sporterized 03 that bubba-smith had D&T the heck out of just waiting for this scope to arrive.

Funny..., it has these numbers on the barrel.

And this strange marking at the muzzle that bubba missed with his grinder.

D. Mark
    Gentleman Farmer, U.S. Army - Ret.

10. Default

The SHOT show is here, and nothing yet about this scope. What's the deal ? Wen will they be available ?