Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, did google search and most of them are sold . Found a really nice one for $325.00, OUCH !!!!! (it was a serial #'d Bayonet with matching # scabbard) I'll keep looking and I appreciate the help. Did see a few interesting articles on the rifles themselves.

You'll enjoy the rifle. It will string vertically unless you relieve a bit of pressure under the front band. Doesn't take much, you can see where the bayonet lug sits on top of the wood. As the barrel heats up pressure is applied there. Just sand off enough that you can see a gap there. The wood, by the way, is epoxy impregnated and doesn't get dinged up as easily as other rifles. I found mine at a yard sale for $175 20 years or more ago. Before I knew the rarity of the thing, I'd sanded, stained and glass bedded it. It was originally a blonde colored wood and I stained it with teak. Still shoots good, though I've about worn the barrel out. The bayonets do come up on gunbroker from time to time.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Madsenshooter, I'm considering never firing it, I have never done this with a rifle before, but this one is so nice except for the dinged up stock. If it has ever been shot before I sure can't tell. Granted I'm no expert and It may have been fired before but it sure does look like brand new. I gave $350 for mine at a gun show, so I think I'll hang on to it for several years to see what they do price-wise. Then again I may take it out , sand the wood under the Bayo lug and shoot the fire out of it.Thanks for the tip, Randy

Default Data Base

A good friend of mine is collecting data on the Madsens.
    Cool rifles and not many around. The bayonets are out there. You have to do some searching.
    Some are serial number marked and some are not. I have 5 rifles and 5 unmarked bayonets. Two of my rifles are consecutively marked.
    Lots of folks will say the rifles were made for the Columbian Navy as they are marked "Armadas de Columbia". That is bunk.

http://milsurpshooter.net/topic/9367...al-Number-info

Is the link to the data collection. Lots of great info there.

Be sure to say if your rifle has a stock disc. I can't remember right off hand if the early number ones or the late number ones have the stock disc.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 04-09-2011 at 08:00.

Ok HoosierDaddy, posted my info on Ol'Dukes thread. I read the whole thread and found some interesting stuff. Still looking for a bayonet, but I'm a patient soul : ) . Nice to see a bunch of folks appreciate what a nice rifle these are. If you read my post from the beginning, you'll see I didn't even know how to spell it . LOL Just took it on someones advice to get it. Glad I did. Randy