Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
Sorry, but C-22 is still a chromogenic process (dye couplers in the emulsion) very similar to Ektachrome reversal film. It used the older CD-3 Color developer in the low temp process & can be processed as a B&W by not coupling the dyes. That's also why you could "Cross Process" C22 (kodacolor-X) in E-4 or E-4 (Ektachrome-X) in C-22 for artistic effects.
You can do a similar process today exchanging E-6 & new Ektachrome emulsions in C-41 & vice versa.
Never try C-22 film or Ektachrome-X in modern chemistry though the emulsion will be stripped from the backing in development! wrecking the film & killing the chemistry & processor's filters too.

Both c-22 and old kodachrome can be developed in normal grain type B&W developers eg original Rodinal at 1-100 of all things. You are correct in the emulsion being on the "Back" of C-22 film. The kodachrome images done this way are pretty ghoulish without stripping the dye layers, and not really usable images, but images none the less.

No intent of dishonesty here- I've done it myself accidently with Kodachrome 64 and Rodinal, which is how I found out about this in the first place. C-22 is listed as developable in Rodinal on several photo sites.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail