Threaded View

1. Default Couple Mausers ? Which to Glass?

I know ? a potential topic of blasphemy.

BUT I just can?t shoot irons anymore. Pretty much all I shoot has to have glass on it. I have many thousands of rounds of corrosive 8mm and only one bolt gun under glass, a Yugo M48 wi ZRAK ONM76B, basically I turned it into a clone of a Yugo Civil War, field-expedient sniper. Shoots GREAT.

I have a few semi auto 8mm's but I don't like to shoot corrosive out of them. I'd like to put together at least one other bolt gun to run the corrosive through. I'm considering putting a scope on a either a Czech BRNO 98/29 Persian Mauser, all matching in VG condition or a Yugo 24/47 also all matching in good condition. Both have mirror bright bores wi razor sharp lands

Question is, before I just drill & tap either I'm wondering if there was some kind of Sniper I could seek to clone. No, I'm not interested in scout mount scopes. Scoping the longer barreled Persian is intriguing and I already have that M48 Yugo scoped. Also, I already have a MINT museum piece 98/29 I got from Samco years ago (the ultimate wall hanger, safe queen). I'd have to get spare bolts for either and turn em down. Is there some pattern Persian that ever came with glass I could seek to clone?
    Last edited by GS455; 10-16-2023 at 09:07.
    ~~~ reinstate dodge-ball in primary school ~~~