Long story: I purchased a 1942 Remington A3, the barrel is stamped 'SANTA FE'. The rifle is like new, I purchased the rifle with two boxes of Remington Green boxed 30/06 rounds, I took the rifle with 1 box of ammo to check accuracy. It is going to be very expensive.to improve on the accuracy of the rifle.

One of my grandsons came over to help me with some plumbing, he has had little to no interest in what I have been involved in, when finished he asked me about a rifle, he wanted to know if I had one ready to go or was, I interested in building one. I dug out the parts and then explained to him I do not have the stock and if he wanted a fancy trigger it would have to be ordered. I offered to give him the 1942 A3 Remington: problem, the A3 is not drilled and tapped. I discouraged him from installing a scope.

And then he asked me If he would be allowed to help. Up until now he has had no interest in what I do, he is 25 with a younger brother. And then there is bluing, I have 9 vats with stands and burners, all apart.

F> Guffey