Thread: Rock Apes

Threaded View

Major Tom,

You got me thinking. I do not have any stories about Rock Apes, but I have a monkey story for you.

In the mid 70's I was on the island of Bali. We heard about this monkey temple up in the hills. So we rented some of those little Honda 50's scooters and made our way up.

Naturally of course being an organized guy I thought about how I could entice those monkeys out so we could get a picture of them.

So we loaded up our pockets with monkey treats, peanuts and such. Well you probably have seen a similar set-up, when we got to the monkey temple (it was to the left in the jungle a bit). To the right was a large clearing (gravel parking lot) with those typical stalls you see in the far east, selling whatever.

Well as soon as we pulled into the parking lot about a 100 monkeys came charging out of the jungle and jumped us. They climbed all over us pulling everything out of our pockets, keys, money and of course monkey treats.

You did not dare reach up and try to rescue anything, as soon as you did they snarled and bared their nasty pointy monkey teeth. They kept the treats and threw everything else down on the ground.

I don't think that this little xxxxer got off my shoulder for quire awhile, I see we are at the temple when the picture was taken.

Thanks Major Tom for reminding me.
    Attached Images Attached Images