Our son wanted to re sight in his M4 clone (FN) after some warranty work. When we got there one of the board members asked if we were going to use the 200 yard range. He said it would be closed for a bit while they cleared out the hog traps. The range has extensive damage from feral hogs. Not a problem since the M-Forgery was going to be initially sighted in at the 25 meters in one of the 50 yard pistol bays using the military sighting in target.

Well they got back from the hog slaughter about the same time we finished on the 25 yard line. There were at least a couple of dozen dead porkers from shoats to a couple of big boars and sows. There was even one pot belly pig that was probably somebody's pet at one time. Anyhow, they asked if anyone wanted one and I took a 50-60 pound shoat home and disassembled it. What I didn't notice, this is really unbelievable, was a tennis ball size exit wound that is typical of 5.56mm/.223 soft or hollow points at short to medium range and it cost me some backstrap. I'm not the man I used to be at all, Though I feel lots better than I did a year ago, the cancer has weakened me enough it matters. If the boy kid hadn't been home we would have never gotten Porky hoisted up in the garage. I don't have any strength in my hands and those of you who have processed game know what a liability that is, especially the skinning part. Maybe I shouldn't have done it but I'm not sorry I did.

We were supposed to go shooting tomorrow too but probably not.