So earlier this year I bought a Springfield Trapdoor on a whim for $600 from a local gun show. I had no idea what I was looking for, I just knew I had seen them in videos and thought they were cool, and the price seemed good. The seller as it turns out, also had no idea what he was doing either as the gun was in an unfireable condition. Once I got it home and started to look it over I ran into the main issue of a stuck firing pin, along with a few missing screws. Thanks to some help I got here and over at trapdoorcollector.com I was able to get the parts and advice I needed. Everything came together well and now the rifle fires great. It's really a joy to shoot, now I am looking into getting into reloading for it.

Everything is original, except the cleaning rod. I did purchase a reproduction, since I'm just a fan of cleaning rods. At some point someone did put on some sort of glossy varnish on the stock, as you can see. I don't know what it is, or if its removable, but its fine for now. Overall I think its in good shape.

Here are a few pictures of the rifle as it is now, and my first report card from 50 feet. Sights are very fine, but my 20 something eyes don't mind too much.

Image from iOS(1).jpg
Image from iOS(5).jpg
Image from iOS(7).jpg
Image from iOS.jpg