Threaded View

1. Default Free online tv and movies-EZ but...

Many sites out there, register with just a user name and url address, and start viewing on pc. There are advt spaced thru shows. Can pay to see the free with no advt. Some sites have a free section and a pay per view section.

There is RISK. Some sites are going to infect your pc. Some sites affiliate with criminals. Do a search for SAFE free online....... and find lists of safe sites. Search the sites name with IS IT SAFE.

I got a trojan from one site, supposed to be fairly safe, site would not let me stream a movie either.

Win 10 warned me and locked me up, I pulled the power cord out then plugged in again. Used win defender to do an offline 15 minute scan, and a 3 hour online full scan, and short scans to do flash drives, download section.Authorized corrective action. Unrelated to above site: Found trojans on 2 flash drives and in download section. Obviously, I am not versed in this, so I could get into a lot of trouble. Be prepared. Or stay away.

These 4 sites seem to be very safe for me:

tubitv.com(a good site)
    peacocktv.com
    imbd.com/tv/( mainly pay to view, Periodically drop then add free shows)
    youtube.com(list 100 shows-a few are ok)
    kanopy.com( thru local public libraries) Very hard to use site in finding shows.)

Tell us if you have found a good site that is safe.

Some sites offer a free 30 day trial and have you give up a credit card when you register. One site , I read, occasionally charges your card tho you did not order anything.

I highly recommend: DaVinci's Courthouse (fictional crime also fictional city politics with infighting . One tv season only. Coroner becomes mayor of Vancouver.

Also, DaVinci's Inquest (gritty, real, cop turned Vancouver Coroner. Based on real life of a coroner in Vancouver. Seven or eight seasons.

Find both on :tubitv.com

These movies and tv shows: There is a steaming pile of crap that one has to slog by to find a few average or good shows. Good luck. The sites do not make it easy to know what the movie is about or evaluate the quality.

edit: Your local public library and main branch library have many dvd movies, audio books etc. to check out or place a hold on and check out when they get to your local branch. If you browse the dvd stacks, you see mainly worthless movies. They do produce it, but you don't have to watch it.

edit: 10 24 20 : Read that British cop shows lack the guns and fury of USA shows,so have more plot and character development. Few guns because the Brits are disarmed.

A very blunt,brusque, humorless , 45 year old gunsmith told me that he did not watch television because he had better things to do with his time. Words of wisdom.
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 10-24-2020 at 03:43.