Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Yes it was as the article states but this was after several shot themselves or shot a hole in the seat of the car while pulling the Glock out of their holster especially in a panic. This wasn't really a fix for a weapon that has no safety but the stiff trigger apparently helped and Glock could say "it did something". Glock was about to lose a major contract with NY. The main fix was spreading the word "be careful pulling your gun out of the holster".

If the stiff trigger job was only for the transition of a DA revolver trigger pull vs an autoloader trigger a year or two would have been plenty long enough. I imagine many newer NYC cops today have never fired a revolver but yet the NY1 remains.
If the NY1 or NY2 remains its because their admin has it bid that way. If its such a good trigger that prevents one from shooting their selves why does virtually no one else use it. Part of the NY1 initially was because of training issues going from long stroke double action revolver triggers to semi auto's with no external safety. The AD's were occurring with the NY1 from the git go. The training issue had to be sorted out. The NY2 was totally admin based. For clarity my NYPD contact retired, so I have no idea if they are still using either at this point, however, the Gen 5 will take a NY1 or NY2 so I assume they are. However, training what, thousands of people to move from revolvers to semi auto's of any make or model is a huge undertaking. Hell training one to decock the old sigs and Beretta's was a chore in itself.