So I have really had a lot of trouble with my walking more than with back pain, had a long history of weird numbness and pain in my legs, it really became evident in 2012-2013 when I had trouble getting in a jeep on the deer lease and keeping up walking downrange to the 200 in CMP. A spinal fusion was advised a year ago and I had it done three weeks ago. Good points are: I do not have the shooting pains in my legs at night. The surgical site is not that painful, and I am grateful for the pain reduction in my legs, but I was really wanting a better increase in power in my legs. I am back at my office practicing dentistry and that is my physical therapy for the moment. What I would like is info from any of you guys who have had this done about how long it takes for improvement in strength. The scary part is.... Did I wait too long to have this done?

My surgeon is considered the local best, he has operated three of my medical doctor friends/patients and does a lot for the TCU athletes.

If you have had this surgery and had weak legs, how long did it take to see improvement and how much improvement did you get?