Threaded View

Default Any opinions on the expected antigun tidal wave?

I don't think there is anyone on this forum who would say that Cruz, the Florida murderer, should have been buying his AR. Do we as a community stand firm that there is nothing more we can do? I realize that even asking this question will anger a lot of guys on the forum.

I personally think this "troubled youth" thing is a societal issue linked to pressure of social media which encourages the "troubled" to issue these manifestos of death, then carry the threats out. Cruz even announced on social media that he was going to do this.

One thing I kind of like that my New Zealand friend who has an AR says is that in NZ they make guys who want to buy these guns be in a club and the club kind of passes on whether they get to be licensed. The doofuses surface. And don't get the nod. They have no gun crime with the legally registered guns but despite that record the anti-gunners are still after them when illegal guns are used by criminals.

The AR-15 has been commercially available since the early 1960's and I cannot remember any violence with them until Columbine sort of kicked off the trend of school schooling (AR-15s were NOT used in that but I believe the event and Michael Moore's movie served to promote this kind of crime). The biggest problem is that we have a COMPLEX societal problem with the younger generation but we the responsible gun owners are getting the blame from the media.

What do we do or say, Fellows? Nothing? Or...??
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 02-16-2018 at 05:21.