Thread: M1903 National Match deer rifle

Threaded View

1. Default M1903 National Match deer rifle

I guess this would be a great gun if you only wanted to hit a deer in the left ventricle right below the aorta. SN 1267063 National Match was purchased from the DMC in march 19 1926 by a gentleman named H J Richardson of Missoula MT. He would later shoot in the 1938 Camp Perry national match for the Montana Civilian Team. The bolt is electro penciled and the barrel is 10-24 SA This is the first National Match rifle I have every held the barrel seems very thick/heavy like a bull barrel it has vise marks and the trigger is amazing I have never felt a trigger like this before you could fire it with a feather. The front of the muzzle has been chopped 2" it has what I am guessing are the star gauge numbers. It had a really poor scope on it and I had an old Leupold laying around so I swapped it out.

I have a few questions. Most important is How can I find out/document if Richardson used this rifle in 1938 at Camp Perry? The bolt seems to be original (electro pencil) but the handle is not? I don't hunt any more and as this cant be restored I will be selling this at some point what should I ask for it?(ballpark) bore is very good also. Is there a forum for hunting rifles?
    Any comments or questions welcome
    92309806.jpg92309803.jpg92309800.jpg92309811.jpg92309809.jpg
    Last edited by Discus420; 06-12-2017 at 01:54.