Gents,

I've just acquired a Lend Lease Victory model in 38 S&W. This has not been cut for 38 Special. It is all matching, with the standard Brit markings and not refinished or import marked.

I loaded it with PPU 38 S&W and the first five rounds fired fine shooting it single action. While cocking it for round #6, the piece would not index and the cylinder stuck. I was able to get it open with a sharp rap with the heel of my hand. So, I cleared the revolver and cocked and pulled the trigger through both single and double action with no problems. I loaded up again to fire and had the same problems once again. Ultimately, I found that the cartridge in the seven o'clock position when using the cylinder serial number as the 12 o'clock reference, is dragging as it rotates into the firing position. No other rounds do this. If I only load 5 rounds, the piece operates just fine. My first thought was the PPU was at fault. I have a few other makes of 38SW and to a lesser degree, they behaved the same as the PPU. Any ideas why I have this issue only on the one chamber? I'm thinking of cylinder disassembly and thorough cleaning of the ejector with the thought it may be riding "high" at that point.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any solutions?

I'm currently OCONUS so I can't look at the pistol but will be back in a week.

I'm open to any and all suggestions,

TIA,
VG