Threaded View

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I used a LOT of LC brass that I watched go through an M60 at the range, while stationed at Malmstrom AFB back in the early 70's. Reamed the primer pockets, and trimmed with a Wilson trimmer, sized it with a set of RCBS small base dies so I could use the stuff in my early Browning BLR. Don't recall that I ever had a single case failure of any sort with that brass.
    Darreld Walton, Nor have I have experienced problems with LC brass that has been fired in a machine gun. I am the fan of measuring before sizing and again after sizing. And then there is measuring the diameter of the case before firing, after firing and again after sizing. I have never been a fan of sizing a case three time between firing and full length sizing, in my opinion that would be too much work on the case.

If I am going to work that hard I will form 30/06 cases to 308 W. There is an advantage to using 30/06 cases. There are 308 W chambers that are generous. When tightening the case neck in the chamber it is not possible to make the 308 W case neck thicker, again when that happens I use 30/06 cases.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 12-16-2016 at 12:39.