Wow, I never knew how badly my cartridges needed to be greased. If a little bit is good, more is better, they should never have cleaned the cosmoline out of the guns they were issues, just shoot them full of the stuff, what's not to like.

Lubed case were a result of design issues and or lack of ability to create a gun within reasonable tolerances (actually the ammunition as well, its a system, weakest link can and will take any system down)

As my 1920 Springfield 1903 has not blown up yet, though it has an 8 on the TE gage (ie. it was shot a hell of a lot) me thinks they knew what they ere doing

The Maines never turned their in and carried them onto the Canal where they fought in the worst, grimiest and long term bad condition fighting of us forces in WWII (others of course fought equally hard battles, but they were not malaria ridden, 2/3 starved and all the other jungle dieses the grunts on the Canal got let alone combat lasting any where near as long as it did on the canal)

And yet they did not blow up like popcorn. hmmmm

And guns quit blowing up once they got reliable ammo and quite greasing bullets.

Grease and oil are fine within limitation, outside of those they do bizarre things. Wrong oil could and did wreck things (PBY ops off East Africa in WWII when they change the formula just a small amount). Slow turning engine not a bullet going 2600 fps down a bore.

That has to be one of the most insane diatribes I have ever read.