A fellow collector asked me if I could help him out with this. He purchased the pistol from a sale and asked the vets widow if she had any paperwork on her husbands pistol as he wanted to register it. The lady dug around and found this and gave it to him. It appears to be original and not something that was faked as with some other capture papers. I am baffled. At first I was not familiar with amended section VIII, circular 267 as I mostly do ETO items and for the most part they do not use this reference. However, after further review it appears most of the items coming out of the PTO are cited this way. I've talked to a few other collectors that have seen somewhat similar paperwork and thought maybe it was in reference to a GI weapon that had been (re) captured from an enemy and they allowed the soldier to keep it. Without actually reading circular 267 I am doubtful. Anyone have any ideas. I have seen paperwork allowing officers to buy M1 Garands from either Oki or Guam after the war but this was a first for me. Regards,

By the way the pistol is in great condition... since its not mine I redacted the information.Pistol-Bring-Back-Papers-we.jpg