Quote Originally Posted by Discus420 View Post
thanks kcw kinda what I was thinking I don't know about the bore so that's a guess till I get my hands on them

BUT IS IT A GOOD DEAL??? that's 1000 bucks I could do a lot with a grand hell I could get a garand with a grand
It's an OK deal IF the bores are nice, or at least well shootable. At this point There's probably no way of knowing how they made their way into this country unless there's an importer or distributor stamp on them. Of course those weren't mandated pre 68', and of course if they were sent home from the ETO at the end of WWII there wouldn't be any either. I would caution you on the condition of the sling. Hopefully it's not dry rotted, as so many of that vintage are. Even if it looks good, it's still likely to need some treatment by now if it hasn't been previously attended too. Do some research into what product to use on 'antique" leather. On the subject of "restoration", if the one that's totally correct has an VG to excellent bore, you could consider having the metal hot blued to get it back to the original "like new" finish. Of course the problem with that is that you're probably looking at another couple hundred $, and then it still won't be "original". Wouldn't it be a surprise if there's a "duffle bag" cut under the middle bands!