Threaded View

Default Rod Bayonet 1903

Here is a quick link to a Rod Bayonet 1903 Springfield that is coming up for auction on Rock Island Auction. It's got an original R.B. barreled receiver chambered in 30-03. That's always a Good Thing. If a R.B. 03 ain't chambered in 30-03, It's pretty much to my way of thinking to be just an assembly of parts on a late barreled receiver. The rifle might just as well have a Wooden barrel when one thinks about it. I was lucky when I took an educated chance on proxy bidding on the rifle I got in an auction and the rifle did indeed turn out to be chambered for 30-03. It really does stand out as noticebly taller when sitting between two other 1903's in 30-06.
    Anyway, all of the really hard to get and important original Rod Bayonet parts are on this rifle being auctioned. It even has it's original rear sight. I just thought that this would be of interest to any of you fellows who've been looking for one of these rifles. Seems to me that the estimated going price for it is just OK for what one would be getting. I wish my good wife would let me buy it for my birthday, I'd do it. Sigh...

http://www.rockislandauction.com/vie...id/65/lid/1796
    Last edited by Fred; 09-08-2015 at 01:13.