Gang,

As I continue to dig my way to the bottom of my monster safe for the first time in a decade, I found some Turk Mausers that I bought for $50.00 each. My original intent was to clean them up, check them out, do some rough tuning and then give them to my brothers and relatives that farm to use as "truck guns". My problem is that I didn't buy any surplus 8MM ammo which I now need to do.

Any idea as to where I can find some surplus 8MM ammo for the rifles? I want decent ammo with 100% ignition and reasonable accuracy. We use these "truck guns" on coyotes, feral dog packs, rabid skunks etc.. The Turks are a bit of overkill but are very rugged and the price was right. I realize that I'm probably limited to Berdan-primed ammo but would pay more if there was any Boxer-primed surplus out there as we could save the cases and reload as our ammo supply dwindles. When I bought them, I understood from CSP forum comments that they were rugged in construction and could handle any military surplus ammo up to and including de-linked machine gun ammo. Is this correct?

I'll buy enough for a lifetime supply for each rifle.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hagar