Hello Guys ,
I was recently gifted with a couple of 1911 holsters from a relative . One is a M1912 Cavalry Model w/swivel and buckle leg strap and marked Rock Island Arsenal 1915 . The other is a M1916 Model and marked Sears but no date .
They are both in reasonably good condition , no tears ,rips , dry rot , or deep cracks . Just some very light flaking at the hanger areas .
After doing a search here on the CSP I have decided to use the Pecards treatment as prescribed by Johnny P and others using a very light application as to preserve them as best I can in their current state .
The only downside to the holsters is that both of them are missing one each of the brass rivets on the backside .
Are replacement rivets available and if so where ? And what tools will be needed to install them ?
I know just one rivet on each holster should not be much reason for concern but I really would like them to be complete and correct for our upcoming militaria display that we have at the local Nazarine Church on Veterans Day .
Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
Shawn