Thread: Do I have them all?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tompkins View Post
    Perhaps, the Type 30 (Hook safety) and Type 30 Carbine. Both were encountered during WWII. There are 3 variations of the Type 44...Type 1, 2 and 3. You also have the para-trooper take-down examples of the Type 99...the 0 and the 1. Finding these examples at a decent price could keep you busy for a little while. :-) Mike.
    I don't consider the type 30 a WW2 mainline infantry weapon. They were brought out of retirement along with anything that would fire. I only consider the 02/45 because that was a Type 30 based rifle built just for WW2. The paratroopers are a special purpose rifle so I exclude those as well. The Type 44 I have a couple of and the variations are strictly in the nosecap so I don't consider them separate models of the same rifle like I do the 38 Rifle, Short Rifle and Carbine.

My big question now is, do I go after pistols or specialty rifles. The hard to find pistols are harder to find than the specialty rifles but the rifles are generally just as expensive or close to it.

I have a type 14 large and small ring Nambu, Type94 wood grip late war and a Type 26 revolver. So, finding a decent early Type 94 would take care of the main line pistols I guess but the Baby nambu and Hamada pistols I want are $7,500 and $6,000. That'd buy a few paratroopers and snipers. But, both are pristine and the rifles usually aren't.

I think I will go for the Baby Nambu, get the most expensive one out of the way. If I don't have a heart attack shelling out the cash.

I am seriously considering putting my rifles on loan to a museum just for the security. Ofcourse a museum can burn down just as easily, but the public can't view them in my storage room either.
    Last edited by Guamsst; 04-10-2014 at 06:58.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.